Just like from your standard desktop, you can change your password when you are logged into a Remote Desktop Server. Whilst you are logged into the remote server, press <CTRL><ALT><END>. You should see a window similar to the following.
Click on the Change Password option.
Enter your old Password, and then Enter a new Password Twice. Then click on the Arrow to change your password.
Keep in mind, that on most systems (unless otherwise advised) you will need to follow the guidelines below to set your password.
- Passwords cannot contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- Passwords must be at least eight characters in length.
- Passwords must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z).
- English lowercase characters (a through z).
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9).
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %).
If you want some ideas on choosing a good password, please see this article here. If you have any issues please give us a call.