Some quick how to tips for your 3CX Phone System. Basic instructions are on this page as a quick reference. If you need more detailed instructions, please follow the links next to the headings.
Logging into Handsets (Full Instructions Here)
- If your extension is 123, then you need to dial *77*123* and press the Speaker button.
- When prompted, enter your voicemail PIN number (Located on your welcome email)
- The phone will then configure itself with your extension.
Make a call
- Dial the number
- For Speaker: press SEND or OK
- For Handset: pick up the handset
Answer a call
- For Speaker, just press the Speaker or ANSWER key.
- For Handset, pick up the handset
End a call
- press END CALL or replace the handset
Mute Callers (they can’t hear you)
- press MUTE
Hold a Call (neither party can hear)
- press HOLD to hold call
- press RESUME to pick up call
Park Calls (parks a call so that others can pick up calls)
- Press SP0 (or SP1/SP2) to place the call on Shared Parking
- You can pickup the call by Pressing SP0 on other handsets
Do Not Disturb (your phone won’t ring)
- Press DND
Changing your profile status
If you want to change your profile status, you can use the short codes as follows from your handset
- Dial *30 to set your status to Available
- Dial *31 to set your status to Away
- Dial *32 to set your status to Do Not Disturb
- Dial *33 to set your status to Custom 1
- Dial *34 to set your status to Custom 2
- Press TRANSFER
- Dial number to transfer to
- Press SEND for Attended Transfer (talk to the recipient before transferring)
- Press B TRANSFER for Unattended Transfer (puts the caller directly through to the recipient)
Create Conference Calls
- Whilst on the First Call, press CONF to open a new line (First person is put on Hold)
- Dial the number of the person you want to conference in and press SEND
- Once that person Answers, you can talk to that person. Press CONF again to include them in the Conference
- You can add a total of Five participants using this method.