If you would like to be connected to your office using your iPad (I’ll just reference the iPad, but all devices will be very similar), you can do that too. We advise to use the latest iOS release as well just to ensure security is up to scratch.
- On your iPad open the App Store
- Search for an application called openvpn. You will see it in the image below, called OpenVPN Connect.
- Download and install the application. Once you have downloaded it, open it.
- You will get a prompt for OpenVPN Would Like to Send You Notifications. Click on Allow.
- Click on AGREE to the license agreement.
You can then close the application. Next you will need to log into the User Portal in order to download the VPN configuration file. Browse to the User Portal which has been provided to you.
- Log into the User Portal using your username, password and Two Factor authentication code.
- Once you have logged in, open the Remote Access tab.
- You will need to click on the Install button next to the Click here to install the SSL VPN configuration on your Android or iOS device.
- After you click on the install, it will prompt to Open in OpenVPN. Select this option. It will open the application and import the configuration.
- You will need to ensure you click on the Allow option. This will cause the device to flash to a different screen and then it will return back to the OpenVPN application.
- You will now see that it has imported the VPN configuration profile into the application. Next, you will need to connect to it. Toggle the switch next to the VPN Connection, and that will cause it to begin connecting. It should prompt you for a username and password.
- You will be prompted to enter your password. Make sure you enter your password plus your Two Factor authentication code. For example, if you password was Larry2Graham and your six digit code was 123123, then you would enter Larry2Graham123123 in the password field.
- You may get prompted with Allow OpenVPN to enable VPN connection? Make sure you select the Yes option. Once you have done that, you will see in the status that the VPN is now connected.