Should you need to setup your 3CX extension on your handset, contact your phone system administrator first and get the extension provisioned for remote access, and also request a new Welcome email message. Then, if you have an iPhone, follow the 8 steps below to set it up.
- On your iPhone, search for 3CX in the App Store. Once you have found it, install the application.
- Don’t open the application as yet. For the next part, your phone system administrator should have sent you a Welcome to 3CX! email message.
- When you are reading the email, scroll to the bottom until you can see the attachments.
- Once at the bottom, click on the .3cxconfig attachment.
- On the second row that pops up, scroll to the very right.
- Click on the More icon to choose another program to open the attachment with.
- If you scroll down the list, you will see an item called Copy to 3CX. Tap on that.
- The 3CX app should open and then login with your extension number automatically. Once you have done this, you iPhone is setup to use the 3CX app.